Cream Cheese Bars are One of the Easiest Treats to Make
This recipe really should come with some kind of warning. So here goes: Proceed with caution when making these. They are highly addictive! Be even more careful if passing them out to others, as they will hunt you down and tackle you if they discover you have any in your possession! Just sayin’…
- 1 stick butter (or margarine)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt stick of butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add the box of yellow cake mix and 1 egg.
- Mix this together. Dough will be thick. Spread mixture into the bottom of a greased and floured 9- by 13-inch baking pan and press out evenly to the edges.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 2 remaining eggs together until mixture is smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of pecans. Pour this mixture over the first layer in the baking pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans over the top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.